Built in 1937 as a general veterinary practice by the late Dr. M. E. Gouge, this facility was listed on the National Registry of Historic Places in 2011. It is also listed by the American Veterinary Medical Historical Society as a ‘Heritage Veterinary Practice’ (the 7th oldest in the United States). It is the oldest active practice in the State of Missouri and it is believed to be the oldest practice in the United States operated by the same family in the same facility.
P R O P E R T Y F E A T U R E S
- 2,260 sq ft main floor & 987 sq ft basement.
- Masonry/stucco building coated w/ acrylic elastomeric texture.
- Lot size: 100’ Main Street frontage x 143’deep, zoned C-3 hwy business.
- Entire back yard is enclosed with an 8’cedar board & corrugated metal privacy fence.
- 7 parking spaces off street, 4 on street directly in front of the building
- Conklin Benchply Roof System with 12yr labor and material warranty (April 2006)
Sealed double ¼” pane extra strength low-E tinted plate glass, cased aluminum windows
- Poured terrazzo flooring throughout.
- New Bryant Puron 90 High efficiency Legacy furnace, 3.5 T AC, solid state with digital programmable controls.
New 55 gallon natural gas water heater.
- New Bryant P-tag AC/ heat pump installed in the animal ward.
- New drop-in tile ceiling with recessed 4’fluorescent lighting throughout.
- Updated and rewired Southwestern Bell Freedom phone system.
- New corrugated aluminum roof and cca frame over the outside dog runs and walkway.
- Upgraded to 200 amp electrical.
- 2015 utility monthly avg.: electric & natural gas -$131 |water & sewer – $47
- 2015 property tax = approx $1206/yr. | Insurance 2015 = $660
For questions or more information contact the listing agent, Dennis Hagen, at 660-221-1200.
Originally built in 1905, the two story brick building at 7th & Ohio in Historic Downtown Sedalia has been totally restored. Home to grocery stores, butchers, and electronics shops through the years, the building is best known from its 50 years of ownership by Gerald Cecil. He sold thousands of bicycles to generations of kids from this location. Since its restoration, Craft Beer Cellar has operated from the main level while two loft apartments have been leased upstairs.
Some of the Significant Renovations to the Building Include:
- Four furnaces, four AC units and all new ductwork
- All new electrical wiring and fixtures
- All new plumbing and fixtures
- Two new upstairs water heaters and new basement water heater for the main level
- New roof (with 10 year warranty) with interior roof access
- Tuckpointed masonry
- Re-conditioned upper wood windows and new storefront windows
- New upper level storm windows
- New insulation between main and second floors
- 2-hour rated fire separation between main and second floors
- Reconfigured second floor featuring two baths, and two kitchens with stainless steel refrigerators, microwave ovens, electric ranges, dishwashers, new cabinetry and counter tops, new floor coverings and light fixtures
- Second floor hall laundry includes a new electric dryer and washer
- Two main level bathrooms
- 2018 Real Estate Taxes: $3,050.
- Monthly rental income: $2,050
- Craft Beer Cellar is NOT for sale and is not closing
- Offered at $259,500
For More Information, contact Broker/Owner Bob Walters at 573-268-9623 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sale subject to existing leases. Broker participation welcome.